LYIT Cant Dent O'Halloran's Scoring Run

UCD AFC recorded their second straight 4-0 victory, this time beating LYIT.LYIT 0 4 UCD AFC

The Belfield Students made the trip into the wilds of Donegal knowing a stern test of their hair gel, physical strength and footballing abilities lay ahead of them. The torrential rain that greeted them once they stepped off the bus was the first indicator it was going to be a difficult afternoon. The testing of the hair product appeard most upsetting for the Dublin side as they smashed 4 goals past their stunned opponents in the first half. Spectator turned footballer Tom O'Halloran has put his injury hit past behind him and is making a name for himself, scoring for the second game in a row, this time netting a double. Tristan Dent and Samir Belhout provided the bread in the goalscoring sandwich, scoring either side of O'Halloran's double.

UCD flew out of the traps and were ahead within two minutes. Pressure high up the field led to the home side conceding a penalty and Tristan Dent was on hand to power a fierce header into the back of the net, albeit with the aid of a deflection.

With four minutes on the clock UCD had doubled their lead. The "new signing", O'Halloran glided across the field with the ball, evading several challenges before placing the ball neatly past the outstretch keeper from 20 yards. O'Halloran was tormenting the Letterkenny defence and with the bit between his teeth he went in search of more fodder. It duly arrived as UCD's former Darren Anderton moved in from the wing to smash another unstoppable strike goalwards. 

3-0 up and with barely 20 minutes on the clock, UCD could have been forgiven for taking the foot off the gas, this was not the case. At the back, Niall Corbet marshalled his defence perfectly, allowing UCD to press as a team. UCD's DramSoc may be missing a mask from their production of Phantom of the Opera, but they will have a hard time reclaiming it from its newest owner as Tomas Boyle produced a solid performance, recovering from his broken nose.

Samir Belhout found himself with the captain's armband and he lead his troops expertly. His early first half performance was rewarded with a neatly taken goal as the captain lead by example. His goal made it 4-0 to UCD, and in truth it could have been six as Belhout went very close on a number of occasions with free kick efforts.

The second half saw UCD ringing the changes as Keohane, Naughton, Feeney and Cannon were all introduced to inflict further misery on the home side. The flow of football continued but the scoring dried up as the wet weather intensified.

The home side were then reduced to ten men as frustration got the better of one of the home side's midfielders and a red card was flashed with ten minutes to go. UCD saw out the remainder of the game in impressive fashion to record 2 wins from 2 games.

UCD AFC: Corbet, Wright (Naughton), Butler, Boyle, Dent, Murray, Molloy (Dunne), McNelis (Keohane), Belhout, Morrison (Gannon), O'Halloran