After an extremely successful Summer Camp, our UCD AFC Goalkeeping Academy is back again for another year!
As a defender you are taught how to defend, as a striker you learn how to score goals and playing in midfield your creative side is encouraged. But what about the goalkeepers? For too long one of the most important positions on the field has been ignored, the UCD AFC Goalkeeping Academy will change this.
Ger Barron, UCD AFC goalkeeping coach, has devised an intensive course, drawing on all his experience as a keeper with Glasgow Celtic, UCD AFC and Ireland's underage teams. Your child will learn the essential skills needed to be a success between the posts, all in a fun and safe environment.
The UCD AFC Goalkeeping Academy is open to boys and girls, of all levels and abilities between the ages of eight and eighteen.
During the six week course your child will;
- Learn how to dominate in the air
- Improve shot stopping
- Distribute the ball with confidence with the feet
- Create attacks with fluidity with the ball in hand
- Discover how to save more penalties
One evening a week, your child will learn from one of Ireland's finest goalkeepers, on a campus renowned for fostering talent and allowing it to flourish.
Starts: Tuesday, 6th September
Location: Rugby Astro, UCD Belfield
Time: 5.30pm to 6.30pm
Cost: €10 per session
Special offer of 6 sessions for €50.
Limited places available so make sure you book now to avoid disappointment.
Terms and Conditions
- Places can be secured on receipt of completed form and full payment.
- Places will be filled on a first come first served basis.
- Parent/ Guardian must sign application form.
- All medical conditions must be clearly stated on the application form.
- University College Dublin Association Football Club will not be responsible for children outside of the hours of 5:30pm - 6:30pm.
- University College Dublin Association Football Club does not accept responsibility for any personal injury or loss or damage of property incurred while attending the course.
- All valuable items must be left at home.
- University College Dublin Association Football Club reserves the right to expel any participant from the course if their behaviour is deemed disruptive or dangerous to themselves or other course participants.
- All course participants are fully covered for public liability insurance.